The Pennsylvania Propane Foundation was incorporated in 1998. Its’ purpose is to develop and fund programs to enhance consumer and employee safety and training, to provide for research and development of clean and efficient propane utilization equipment, to inform and educate the public about propane safety. The Foundation receives funding from the rebate program administered by the Propane Education and Research Council. The Council levies a gallon assessment on all odorized propane in the United States. The Pennsylvania Propane Foundation receives twenty percent of the assessment for propane gallons consumed in Pennsylvania.
The Foundation presents programs and training intended to benefit ALL Pennsylvania propane marketers.
- Partnership with the Pennsylvania Manufactured Housing Association
- Radio PA/Benchmark Strategic Partners, Inc. – Statewide radio campaign including a 10-month Digital Advertising Campaign
- Penn State Sports Properties, Inc. – Statewide post game radio show sponsor for Penn State Football, Men and Women’s Basketball
- Pennsylvania Plumbers Heating Cooling Contractors Partnership
- Multi-Media Communications – Resource 360 assists in providing multi-media press release services, customized content pieces (print and digital) for distribution statewide; maintains, monitors and generates content for all social media networking platforms in conjunction with the executive director along with producing the Family Portrait Series
- Propane Emergency Responder Training
- Poultry Progress Day Partnership with PennAg Industries Association
- Training Classes – CETP (Certified Employee Training Program) and non CETP training
The Foundation has provided propane education and training to over 3,000 industry personnel and continues to educate the Agriculture and Manufactured Housing Industry, Contractors/Builders, and consumers on the benefits of propane.
We continue to look or programs to educate and raise propane safety awareness in Pennsylvania