Foundation » About the Foundation
The Pennsylvania Propane Foundation was incorporated in 1998. Its purpose is to develop and fund programs to enhance consumer and employee safety and training, to provide for research and development of clean and efficient propane utilization equipment, to inform and educate the public about propane safety. The Foundation receives funding from the rebate program administered by the Propane Education and Research Council. The Council levies a gallon assessment on all odorized propane in the United States. The Pennsylvania Propane Foundation receives twenty percent of the assessment for propane gallons consumed in Pennsylvania.
The Foundation presents programs and training intended to benefit ALL Pennsylvania propane marketers.
Current Foundation Programs:
- Top Flight/Radio PA – State-wide radio campaign including Pandora and Digital Advertising
- Penn State Sports – State-wide post game show sponsor for PSU Football, Men’s Basketball and Women’s Basketball
- Discounted Training Classes - CETP (Certified Employee Training Program) and non CETP training
- Partnership with the Pennsylvania Manufactured Housing Association
- PA Plumbers Heating Cooling Contractors Partnership
- Multi-Media Safety & Training Communications though Kessler Freedman, Inc. & Resource 360, providing industry communications, research and development, along with safety messages through media/social sites
- Emergency Responder Training
- Poultry Progress Day Partnership with PennAg Industries Association
The foundation has helped to train over 1,000 propane workers and since the inception of the PMHA infomercial five years ago, it is estimated that more than 6,200 individuals have seen the video and watched the 90 second propane ad included in the infomercial.
The foundation continues to educate consumers, homebuilders and the manufactured housing industry on the advantages of using propane as an energy source.
We continue to look for opportunities to enhance the image of propane to the public.